Wednesday, January 5, 2011

the goal

My goal isn't too bad. Hopefully by august 2012 (the wedding) I will be a cute 130lbs. But lets be realistic. lets start with my goal for the year.

50lbs.....Not to bad right. Even saying it it sounds like nothing. But as i know from previous experiences with weight loss....its a long, tough, emotional journey.

If i stock my house with the right foods....and force myself everyday to work out....I should be able to reach my goal.

my current weight (jsut got off the scale everyone) is 198lbs. 50lbs will get me at 148...smallest i've been in probably 17 years. HONESTLY.

because i'm not rich...I cant just throw out the foods currently in the house. Nor can I rush right out and stock up on the healthier foods i used to eat. I have to wait till payday and until the foods we have are gone. Luckily i still managed through all the junk i was eating to keep around the essentials like fat free mayonase and sugar free coffee creamer, fruits and veggies. I dont let the kids eat junk snacks so things like fruit snacks and chips never make it into the house much.

My calorie restriction everyday is 1200cal. and my fat is 20 and my carbs is about 40. its hard. but i noticed if i have the right foods at home I am full and still dont reach my cut offs.

the hard part is snacking before bed..... i love a good snack after the girls are sleeping and i'm watching tv. thats been my hardest part. Living in belfair you only have soo many choices for fast food. and as much as i love a good big mac.....it gets old. that part wont be hard.

monday i start my strict eating. and i've already started working out. man am i sore. i forgot how hard it was to get started everyday.

i got this blog idea from a friend and i hope it works for me. I dont have much support through friends cause none of them work out. or eat right. eating at home doesnt mean you are eating healthy....thats another thing i learned when i got my total food counter. you have no idea how bad your homemade food is till you start adding it up!!!!

wish me luck and hopefully this will keep me focased. i cant afford weight watchers and there isnt a gym way up where i live. :-(

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!! I'm near you..so if you ever want someone to walk with I'd love to. I have gained some serious weight in the last year and need to knock off a good portion of it myself. We eat very healthy in our house..MOST OF THE TIME..but I crave sweets. I used to be close to 300 lbs about 8 years ago, so I know I can loose this weight and I know you can loose whatever you want to loose as well. You are already beautiful. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah!! thanks for following me! you look amazing for being almost 300lbs before. see its things like that, that truely give me the inspiration. Like geez...i'm ONLY trying for 50lbs. maybe i should up my goal lol!! I think we should start walking during preschool. or do you have things you do at home to work out. That hill on mason benson is narly. that could be something we could walk too! i'm sure nick would buy me a jogging stroller. lol. my last one went....missing....

    ReplyDelete